It’s a pivotal moment in a young person’s life; flying the nest to head off to university. It means new friends, a new place to live and a whole heap of new responsibilities too. Shopping, cooking, washing clothes, cleaning…starting university can be a huge learning curve in more ways than one! Thankfully, Access Self Storage came up with The Ultimate University Checklist packed with everything an undergraduate could need (and not a tin of beans in sight!).
- Oyster laundry hamper. One of the first things you learn at university is that clothes do not wash themselves. No, there is no magical laundry fairy ready to scoop dirty clothes from the floor and deliver them clean and pressed into drawers and wardrobes. A total student essential then says Access Self Storage is our Oyster Laundry Hamper with Metal Foam Handles, all at a student friendly price of £12.00. Those sturdy metal handles will come in handy for lugging piles of laundry around- whether that’s lugging it to the washing machine or into the back of the car for a trip home to the laundry fairy!
- White heavy duty clothes rail. Not every student pad comes fully furnished, and even if it does, it might still need a little extra clothes storage space. Transporting the family heirloom oak wardrobe into the back of Dad’s car for a trip to student digs isn’t always a practical option, so it’s good to have a few quick and easy storage solutions up your sleeve (aka in the back of the car). Access Self Storage are all for our White Heavy Duty Clothes Rail. This beauty doesn’t even need a toolbox to put it together so you can have your new clothes rail out of the boot and assembled in the time it takes to make your first brew in your new digs (or thereabouts).
- White 4 tier shoe rack. Why oh why does all student accommodation seem to forget this basic storage essential, the shoe rack? In communal spaces, you’re going to want to keep your shoes close by. After all, if even a carton of milk can be pilfered under your nose, what hope do your shiny new slides have? Access Self Storage recommend the White 4 Tier Wire Shoe Rack. A total bargain at just £27.00, this shoe rack will keep up to 12 pairs of your shoes, sneakers and stilettos looking organised and ready to party!
- White/clear interlocking storage canisters. For most students, your room is a space where you’ll eat, sleep and study too so it needs to be a multi-functional and organised space. That means keeping your space uncluttered, with everything in its place. Try some of the white/clear interlocking storage canisters for everything from stationery to cosmetics and hair bobbles. And because they stack up, they take up minimal space on your desk or bedside table.
- Storage boxes. When you’re a student there’s a lot of moving house, home to halls, halls to student accommodation, student accommodation to flat-share. You get the picture. That means carting your stuff back and to at least a couple of times a year. Best to invest in some storage boxes that’ll see you through your university days and beyond. And with everything packed up, and your Ultimate University Checklist all sorted, all that’s left is to get on the road and let the university adventure begin.