Merry Christmas from Urbaboxx
‘Tis the season of goodwill, celebration and gratitude and we at Urbaboxx have a big thank you to say to you, our lovely customers, for supporting us in our first year! We’ve seen some epic home trends in 2018 like the arrival of sumptuous velvet in our lounges, gold and jewel tones in our accessories and of course the brilliant She Shed! But perhaps our favourite thing of all about 2018 has been the big trend for function paired with style. When William Morris said: ‘Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful,” we wonder if he imagined the day when you could choose both! And so, in true reality show style, here are our best bits of 2018!
1) The Bestsellers. Whether movie, book or homeware item, you never quite know what’s going to make it onto the bestseller list. It was clear you loved our quirky industrial storage products but there were some clear winners right from the start like our Chrome Wire Shelving for kitchens, our Freestanding Grid Mesh, the stylish Chrome Oak Adjustable Shelving, the ultra-versatile Black Grid Mesh and our fabulous Chrome Wire Clothes Rack. It makes us happy to know that you’re loving your new Urbaboxx goodies (and the 5 star reviews are pouring in!).
2) Getting to Know You. It’s great fun seeing how you’ve styled your Urbaboxx and with the launch of our community gallery we got a glimpse of just how great your purchases look in your home- we can’t wait to see even more in 2018! Things also got social on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook where we unleashed our own little Urbaboxx styling ideas.
3) Our Experts. We’ve got to say a big thank you to our amazing experts this year who’ve shared their wisdom on everything from making over your teen’s bedroom (thanks Happily Tania) to making the perfect Christmas cake (cheers Crumb’s The Word). We’ve had a guest blog from DIY expert Dmitri Kara of Home & Love, some (essential!) top tips on storing our wine from Loki Wine and gorgeous interiors advice from Sarah Jayne Garman and Design The Lifestyle You Desire plus much more besides. Thanks everyone, you rock!
4) New, new, new! Did you spot the brand new product on our socials and website last week? Yep, it’s the Tailor’s Dummy in all kinds of variations. Our favourite is the cream mannequin with maple tripod based, or maybe the industrial black mannequin with minimalist chrome base! We see these draped with our New Year’s Eve finery as we get ready to go out and ready to receive our tired clothes long after the last corks have popped! We also introduced our popular heavy duty clothes rail in metallic brown, and there will be plenty more new products coming your way for 2019 too.
5) The Massive Competition. Imagine, £500 to spend on decking out your home with function and style at Urbaboxx. That became a reality for Nicole when she won our Your Home Magazine competition and a £500 Urbaboxx voucher. It couldn’t have come at a better time for Nicole who had just moved into a brand new house and was after some rails to fit her son’s cupboard. We were happy to pack up a mega box for Nicole with everything from wall mounted and alcove clothing rails (that’s the cupboard sorted!) as well as a Fridja steamer, hangers, clothes hampers and more. We’ll have plenty more exciting competitions and offers coming your way in 2019. That’s it, our first year nearly at a close and all that’s left for us to say is we wish you a very cosy, comfy Christmas.