Inspiring and Industrial Style Lofts
A derelict Manhattan warehouse turned into a cutting edge apartment. An old London docklands factory transformed into a hip and trendy dwelling. Even a one-time rock ‘n’ roll club given a new lease of life as the ultimate industrial loft. With high ceilings, bare brickwork, concrete floors plus beams and funky features aplenty, loft living is becoming ever more popular. But you can’t just throw any old furniture into such a stunning space- here are our top storage picks for creating an inspiring high rise heaven.
- Industrial metallic brown heavy duty clothes rail. If you’ve opted for loft life, then chances are you’re all about the industrial and the open plan. This isn’t the time for cutesy, hidden storage that blends into the background but for bold statement pieces that tie in with the unusual environment. The Urbaboxx brown clothes rail is made of industrial grade steel tubing, so not only will it look good in your loft, but it’ll do the job too.
- Cube Shelving. Interior design for your loft space is all about maximising its best features- the high ceilings, the gorgeous light and of course the open plan space. The great thing about the open plan nature of loft living is how flexible it is. One day you’re all about the floor space to get your mates around and party, and the next you’re after a little snug to escape to. Flexible furniture is the loft dweller’s BFF. Cube shelving, like the Maxximo 4 cube, can be switched about, added to and used as room dividers. Handy!
- Klassiek narrow carbon grey wire shelving unit. Urbaboxx was created for urban living (it’s in the name after all!) but we’re also about pieces that make your life easier too. Even though you’ve got those high ceilings and masses of space in your loft, you might not want to fill it with furniture. The Klassiek grey wire shelving unit is narrow enough to work on your mezzanine but sturdy enough to hold your books, clothes or whatever else you fancy storing on them.
- Exposed hanging rails. You’ve got the exposed brickwork, you’ve got the floor to ceiling windows, hey why not strip things back even more with some exposed hanging rails? Suspend your clothes rail from the ceiling (this 3m version looks good) or hang it from the wall (3m wall mounted chrome tube hanging rail right here). One thing’s for sure, there’s nothing as mundane as a wardrobe to be found in your loft!
- Galvanised Shelving. The beauty of loft spaces is the unloved turned to the loved, industrial seen in a brand new way, reinvented and rediscovered for a new generation. So when it comes to furnishing your loft space and fitting in some essential home shelving, why restrict yourself to stuff that is meant for regular homes? Our blue/orange galvanised steel shelving is made from commercial grade steel. Sure, it’ll look unusual in your loft space, and we reckon that will be just the look that you’re after!