Hot SS19 Interior Trends
School is out, the sun is shining and fun filled days of picnics, country walks and garden BBQs beckon. Yes, summer is finally (thankfully!) here and with the long lazy summer ahead of you, now could be just the time for getting your home spruced up with some of the hottest interior design trends for SS19 and beyond.
- Pick n Mix. There was nothing better than a Pick ‘n Mix in the old days, and now you get to recreate that ‘throw everything in’ vibe in your home for SS19. The thing about Pick ‘n Mix is that even though there’s a mish mash of different sweets, you picked and love every single one, and the same is true when you apply this idea to your home. Pick pieces that you love and put them together against a neutral backdrop. Something like our Black and Oak Bookcase is a definite one to throw in. Then just keep on picking and mixing. Delicious!
- Open shelving. Whether you’re an early adopter or are late to the party, the open shelving trend is still massive in interiors for SS19. I mean, what’s not to love? Open shelves are a cheap and quick way to give your home an update and gain some valuable storage at the same time. And this is a trend that works all around your home. Add open shelves in your bathroom, bedroom, lounge or the Insta-fave of the kitchen. A few pieces artfully displayed on your kitchen open shelves and it’ll become the most photographed room of your home. Check out our open shelving range now.
- Mustard. If there’s one way to update your home for SS19 it is this, add some mustard. It’s the colour de rigueur for the summer and it’s so easy to incorporate it into your home. A few throws in your lounge (Wilko have some super affordable versions), fancy new sheets in your bedroom (like this gorgeous Matalan leaf print duvet cover) and a shaggy mustard rug in your dining room (Rugs Direct come up trumps here). It’s a bright, sunny colour that is just perfect for summer. Squeeze some mustard into your home styling and it’ll give your pad a much needed lift.
- Scandi. Will we ever tire of the Scandi home trend? Certainly not for a while, as Scandi is still big for SS19. If you’re thinking of embracing this home interior moment then you’re onto a winner. Scandi is all about furniture that is both simple and striking, relaxed yet modern. In fact, Scandi pretty much epitomises everything that we want our homes to be. Ask yourself 3 questions to work out if a piece fits the Scandi style- is it modern, is it striking and is it simple in design? If you can answer yes to all 3 questions, then you are onto a winner. Our favourite Scandi inspired pieces are the Tivva Ladder Bookcase. and funky and fun black or white Grid Mesh panels, perfect for noticeboards, picture hanging and general accessorizing.
- Sustainable pieces. The time for disposable furniture has passed. Where once home design trends were about pieces that were right for right now, summer interiors are all about pieces that are built to last. But that doesn’t mean you have to unearth the old mahogany pieces from the 80s (they are at least durable) as modern furniture can be cool and quirky as well as strong and long lasting. Let the endless days of summer be your chance to unearth some fabulous new pieces for your home. We’ll start you off with the sturdy Hygge Chunky Black & Oak Bookcase with 1 inch shelves and a contemporary look.